History (A Brief Overview)
The firm was founded in 1936 by Jean
A. McCoy. In 1946, his son, E.J. "Mac" McCoy joined the firm and it became
a partnership. Jean A. McCoy and Sons, Inc. was incorporated in the state of
Illinois in 1956. The name was changed to McCoy Construction Co. in 1982.
Jean A. McCoy died in 1975. E.J. McCoy retired in
1986 and died in 2007. Today, McCoy Construction Co.
remains a "family owned" business, with Terry S. McCoy, President; Douglas J.
McCoy, Vice President; Robert A. McCoy, Treasurer; and Michael B. McCoy, Secretary;.